22 Actually Chic Ways to Decorate Your Home with String Lights
When I first got to college, string lights were it. They were the thing. We hung them from the ceiling, draped them behind translucent canopies, and strung them over mirrors. Decorating your dorm was child's play unless you adorned everything in sight with delightfully twinkly string lights.
But then, I graduated. And string lights continued to feel distinctly collegiate. I had some I wanted to hang in my first bona fide adult apartment, but I couldn't figure out how to without making the space feel tacky, dormy or some combination of the two. I eventually managed to string up one strand of metallic lights I was satisfied with, but I had to adjust the scalloped draping four or five times before it looked intentionally uneven in an appropriately edgy way.
MORE: 23 Ways to Turn Your Garment Rack into Actual Home Decor
Still, I couldn't help but miss the days where my apartment twinkled from head to toe. Few things feel as magical as flipping off a light switch, only to be surrounded by bunches of tiny,...
The last Posts from "StyleCaster"
- 22 Topshop Pieces to Shop Right Now-Because They're Under $50
- How to Store Your Winter Blankets When You're Not Snuggling Up in Them
- I Got the Rolls Royce of Celebrity Facials & It Included This $6 Mask
- What Rob Kardashian Has Been Up to Since His Breakup with Blac Chyna
- Cardi B Responded to a Fan Telling Her Offset Will Cheat Again & It Was Savage
- Bebe Rexha Dressed Like the Hottest Biker Chick We've Ever Seen
- Khloé Kardashian Commented on Jordyn Woods's Instagram Hours Before She Learned of Tristan Thompson's Cheating
- Sarah Paulson Wore the Trippiest Outfit, and We Can't Stop Staring at It
- There's So Many Under-$10 Deals in CVS's First Epic Beauty Event
- Every Way to Watch & Stream the Oscars on Sunday Night
- Ashley Graham's Unexpected Hairstyle is the Best Part of This Denim Campaign
- 15 Kojic Acid Products That Will Finally Zap Your Most Stubborn Dark Spots
- 12 People Share the Weirdest, Funniest Things They've Thought About During Sex
- Sale Wide-Fit Winter Booties You Totally Deserve to Treat Yourself With
- Kylie Jenner & Jordyn Woods Met Through a Very Famous Mutual Friend
- Here's How Kylie Jenner Feels About Jordyn Woods Cheating with Tristan Thompson on Khloé Kardashian
- Khloé Kardashian & Tristan Thompson Reportedly Broke Up After He Cheated on Her with Kylie Jenner's Best Friend
- Why Selena Gomez's Recent Instagram Might Be a Clue to Her New Song
- Honoring Karl Lagerfeld, and Celebrating the Incredible Woman Succeeding Him
- Here's Why Fans Think Lady Gaga's Newest Tattoo Is for Bradley Cooper
The headlines of GlamTouch
Emporio Armani: Ready-To-Wear AW19
After last season's co-ed airport spectacle starring Robbie Williams, the world of Emporio Armani womenswear went back to it's solo showing. And it was all about freestyle. The...
Khloé Kardashian and Malika Haqq Wear Matching Outfits at First Public...
Girl power! Khloé Kardashian has had a lousy few days since finding out her baby daddy, Tristan Thompson, cheated on her with Kylie Jenner‘s best friend Jordyn Woods. While...
Carine Roitfeld and Hun Kim to succeed Lagerfeld at eponymous label
Former French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld and Head of Design Hun Kim will succeed Karl Lagerfeld at the creative helm of his eponymous label, following the death of the iconic...
Karl Lagerfeld's Cat Choupette Could Be the Heiress of His $200 Million Fortune
Earlier this week, the devastating news of Karl Lagerfeld's death was announced and with his passing came the curiosity as to what would happen to his beloved Birman cat...
London fashion's new gen talk how the city's scene is changing
Despite recent surges of young fashion creatives rising up in New York and Paris , London has always been the OG when it comes to discovering and cultivating new and exciting...
First Look: Belstaff launches new store concept
British heritage brand Belstaff has launched its new community-first retail concept with the reopening of its Spitalfields store in east London this week.
Voo Store Announces "Compact Market" Archive Store
Fresh from celebrating its eighth anniversary , Berlin institution Voo Store has announced plans for its "Compact Market," a new space stocking archival pieces. The new store...
The gripping trailer for the Adnan Syed doc is a must-watch for Serial fans
HBO has released a new trailer for Amy Berg's upcoming documentary, The Case Against Adnan Syed. The four-part miniseries looks set to bring new details to the story of Adnan...
Très Bien SS19 Fuses Scandinavian Silhouettes With Luxe Streetwear
Swedish staple Très Bien has released its Spring/Summer 2019 collection, continuing its run of luxe-casualwear and subtly tweaked formalwear. Standout items include a...
Pleasures Gives Classic Dr. Martens Silhouettes a Punk Rock Twist
Fusing punk-rock, grunge and streetwear, LA-based label Pleasures collaborates with Dr. Martens on a capsule collection celebrating the two rebellious brands' approaches to...