22 Actually Chic Ways to Decorate Your Home with String Lights
When I first got to college, string lights were it. They were the thing. We hung them from the ceiling, draped them behind translucent canopies, and strung them over mirrors. Decorating your dorm was child's play unless you adorned everything in sight with delightfully twinkly string lights.
But then, I graduated. And string lights continued to feel distinctly collegiate. I had some I wanted to hang in my first bona fide adult apartment, but I couldn't figure out how to without making the space feel tacky, dormy or some combination of the two. I eventually managed to string up one strand of metallic lights I was satisfied with, but I had to adjust the scalloped draping four or five times before it looked intentionally uneven in an appropriately edgy way.
MORE: 23 Ways to Turn Your Garment Rack into Actual Home Decor
Still, I couldn't help but miss the days where my apartment twinkled from head to toe. Few things feel as magical as flipping off a light switch, only to be surrounded by bunches of tiny,...
The last Posts from "StyleCaster"
- 15 Alcohol-Free Products That Won't Dry Out Already Parched Hair
- Exactly What Wearing High Heels Does to Your Feet
- Amandla Stenberg Was Told to Lose Weight, Make Her Boobs Look Smaller for a Film
- How Selena Gomez's Makeup Artist Uses Aquaphor to Transform Powder Eyeshadow
- What Each of the Kardashian-Jenner's Closets Look Like
- 27 Head-Turning Looks from London Fashion Week 2018
- Not Sure What Shoes to Wear with Your Wide-Leg Crops? Emma Stone Has Some Ideas
- This Amy Adams Look-Alike Is So Uncanny, She Fooled the Media
- Make Your Home Feel Like a Museum with These 21 Gallery Wall Templates
- 5 People on How They Make Their Open Relationships Work
- Kristen Bell Smokes Weed Once a Week, Sometimes Does Ecstasy
- 15 Models of Colors Dominating High-Fashion Runways
- 3 Things We Need from Chrissy Teigen's New Kitchenware Line
- Kaia Gerber Wore 2 Makeup Looks at Once on Her ‘Vogue Paris' Cover
- The Waterhouse Sisters' Street Style Is the Best Part of Fashion Month
- Beyoncé Debuted Dark-Brown Hair for the Last On the Run II Shows
- Signature Celebrity Red Carpet Poses You Never Knew About
- How to Wear High Heels Without Pain: 8 Expert Tips That Work
- The Standout Products From Sephora's Newest K-Beauty Brand
- How Emily Ratajkowski Tells Whether Her Clothes Are Too Sheer
The headlines of GlamTouch
Victoria, Victoria Beckham: Ready-to-Wear SS19
Victoria Beckham greeted guests at her Victoria, Victoria Beckham presentation in a tounge-in-cheek t-shirt that read “SMILE” in bold red letters, and her collection certainly...
Five visual artists who are making crucial work with AI
What does the advancement of AI mean for the future of the arts, music, and fashion? Will robots come for our creative industries? Could a machine ever dream like a human can?...
Vogue Ukraine Special Edition x TSUM Cover
Simone Rocha's collaboration with Moncler is here
As part of its Genius collaborative project , Moncler has elevated outerwear to a whole new level. Having enlisted eight designers - including Craig Green , Valentino 's...
Orla Kiely goes into administration, closes stores
Irish designer Orla Keily has closed her business as parent company company Kieran Rowan plc went into administration. Once the go-to brand for quirky prints in homeware and...
Adidas Applies Multicolored Three Stripes Branding on New NMD R1
Despite cooling off considerably since making a wild run of things throughout much of 2016 and 2017, adidas has continued to push its NMD R1 agenda, dropping new colorway...
Ryan Reynolds Gives Fans An Explosive Sneak Peek Of Michael Bay's New Flick
The "Deadpool" actor posted a behind-the-scenes look at the upcoming action movie "6 Underground."
Nike Adorns the Air Max 94 in Safari Prints
Although often overlooked for some of its other Air Max counterparts, Nike seems ready and willing to pump out more Air Max 94 colorways, unveiling two new reworks over the...
Are Justin and Hailey Married or What?
As of last Thursday, September 13, we thought this question was settled: Per a report by People , Justin Bieber and Hailey Baldwin were married that very day in a civil...
The Kylie Jenner Cereal Controversy Is a Clear Sign of the Apocalypse
Credit: Getty It is with great sadness that we must announce that civilization reached its nadir at approximately 9:12 p.m. on September 18, 2018. This all-time low was marked...