How to fix broken make-up
Few things spur on the same existential dread that comes from dropping your favourite makeup palette on a tiled floor. Nothing compares to the feeling you get when you gingerly retrieve said palette from the floor and slowly turn it over, only to realise all 10 of your favourite neutral shades are shattered. Don't fret, before you toss your rejects, take a step back and assess the damage. Can this makeup be saved? Here are a few quick-fix remedies.
A butter knife, microwave-safe bowl, empty plastic pot.
Spoon the residual product out using a butter knife and place all recovered lipstick in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave for 10 seconds, and repeat until the lipstick is liquefied. Pour the liquid into the empty plastic pot and leave to harden.
Cup of hot water
Place mascara tube into a plastic cup filled with hot water and let rest no more than 10 minutes. However, if your mascara is 3-4 months old, then it might be time...
The last Posts from "Remix"
- SkinSmiths turns one!
- Your guide to The Servilles Academy
- Discover the easiest way to whiten your teeth
- Out and About; Inside the NYX Professional Makeup x Remix Beauty Event
- Spray and walk away; the best facial spritzers
- This year's most coveted Mother's Day gift
- How to rid blonde hair of brassy tones
- A beauty editors guide to packing for Coachella
- Two new beauty must-haves
- 10 minutes with hairdressing legend, Paul Serville, to talk trends, tips and his growing empire
- What's new from M.A.C
- The danger of the ‘natural beauty' obsession
- Things to consider before getting laser hair removal
- How to fight acne if you're not blessed with perfect skin
- Going Platinum blonde? Here's five reasons you need Olaplex
- The five-step guide to a no-makeup makeup look
- The low-down on the latest ocean-inspired skincare range
- How to get dewy skin
- How to prep for a glam night out in Auckland
- Kylie Jenner's Christmas Collection will have you glowing ‘til June.
The headlines of GlamTouch
The Spoiler-Free Answer To The Ultimate 'Avengers' Question: When Can I Pee?
If you just can't hold it in anymore.
We're hiring! Junior Digital Media Designer, Dazed Media
About Us: Dazed Media is the world's leading independent fashion and culture media brand. Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that...
Numbers Edition Release Exclusive Othelo Gervacio Capsule Collection
The brainchild of legendary skateboarder Eric Koston , Clothing brand Numbers Edition unveils an exclusive capsule collection only available at Dover Street Market New York...
The CIA Now Has an Official Instagram Account
The US Central Intelligence Agency has finally opened up its very own Instagram account. The launch came after CIA Director Gina Haspel spoke about building presence on the...
Taylor Swift and Bruce Springsteen release brand new singles, music videos
Music fans young and old have new tunes to enjoy this Friday. The biggest stars of pop and classic rock - Taylor Swift and Bruce Springsteen - both released new singles and...
Taylor Swift Drops Highly Anticipated Song ‘ME!' and Music Video Featuring...
The wait is over! Taylor Swift has been teasing a huge announcement and fans had all sorts of theories about what it was going to be. Luckily, the pop star finally shared the...
Stream the 'GoT' Collaborative Album 'For the Throne' Featuring Travis...
HBO and Columbia Records has released its star-studded album For The Throne (Music Inspired by the HBO Series Game of Thrones). Featuring a lineup of artists across genres, the...
‘Game of Thrones' album: The Weeknd channels Jon Snow
The Weeknd as Jon Snow? It's not as much of a stretch as you might think, according to X Ambassadors frontman Sam Harris. He co-wrote “Power Is Power” - the first single from...
2018 MVP Patrick Mahomes Is the Cover Star of 'Madden NLF 20'
Although we are a few months away before the start of the 2019-20 NFL season, EA Sports has just unveiled its new cover star for Madden NFL 20: 2018 MVP Patrick Mahomes. The...
The New Utility: Matthew Noszka Dons Military-Inspired Style for Holt Renfrew
Matthew Noszka reunites with Holt Renfrew for a new style edit. The American model tackles utilitarian fashions with a dark wardrobe of practical separates. Appearing alongside...